Saturday, January 24, 2015

Art tribute to Sachin Tendulkar


I believe every Indian has that one moment experienced in their life to share with the world - that moment about Sachin Tendulkar. My moment is Sachin Tendulkar's victory lap in 2011 world cup at Wankhade Stadium Mumbai.
 
I had the opportunity to relive that moment again at Deconstructed Innings, at NGMA. The ten artists GR Iranna, Hema Upadhyay, Jagannath Panda, Manjunath Kamath, Remen Chopra, Riyas Komu, Shreyas Karle, Sunil Gawde, Trilochan Anand and Vibha Galhotra have expressed their gratitude to Sachin Tendulkar in form of art at NGMA, Mumbai. Deconstructed Innings is like a walk through biography of our little master blaster.
 
I complimented Sunil Gawde on his work 'Pause'.  I was a little fascinated by 'Pause' because I thought it was a moment not only from Sachin's life, but from every middle class guy who grew up playing cricket and breaking the glasses of the windows in the neighbourhood. I have had my house windows breaking by bunch of kids playing cricket.

Art Lovers and Sachin worshippers do visit NGMA before 15th February 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment