Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ascending figures - K. S. Radhakrishnan


Being an art lover, the first thing I do when I enter a city is, I start looking for art galleries. I was informed that Focus Art Gallery is one of the good art galleries in Chennai. When I stepped into the gallery I had a deja vu. I had seen similar work at Jahangir Art Gallery a couple of years back. I was informed that I missed the artist (K. S. Radhakrishnan) by just few minutes, he was leaving for Delhi that very day.



His Musui and Maiya  at times are childlike, and are like telling us to join them.

When I look at the web created by human figures, I feel absence of gravity, as if they want to fly away, but the earthly bonds keep them grounded. Or perhaps the soul is trying to fly away, but their bond to other living souls and earthly materials holds them in mid air.



Though none of the wonderful 'Ramp' work of art was there, I have to mention it here. One of his ramps I had seen at Jahangir Art Gallery in Mumbai. The Ramp makes one feel at the 5th level of Actualization of the Maslow's hierarchy of needs. If not at least depicts the artist's deasire to be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment