Friday, February 17, 2012

‘Moonlight Discourse’ - Vipta Kapadia



When I saw the paintings, the artist within me was screaming for colors. I wanted to add colorful emotions in it.  I wanted to ask Viptaji, why are your paintings depriving me of colors?  Why are they making me feel so unsettled?  As I watched one painting after the other, an avalanche of emotions raised and then died. It made me realize, that it was the end before the new beginning, death before a new life. I started noticing the strokes, I started noticing the texture and I did notice emotions too.  I saw emotions not of a living being, but of a detached soul. The emotions of a soul have peace, purity and strength.  I could see it then in the paintings. It made me wonder why I missed it in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment