Friday, February 17, 2012

Verdant Vistas The World of Surya Prakash




What could have been a better way to celebrate a Valentine’s Day for an Art Lover? I visited the art exhibition at the Tao Art Gallery at Worli. The landscapes had a mesmerizing effect on me.   My first impression was fantasies merging into Nature.

The striking colors so perfectly placed. As if they were meant to be, just the way god wanted it to be. On a closure study, it reminded me of two eras: Impressionism and pointism. But at the same time I could not distinctly categorize it under either of the two eras. Surely there was resemblance but not the same.

Later I read on the Artist’s CD, he calls it ‘abstracted reality.’ I couldn’t have got a better term to categorize it. Just the way I felt, fantasies merging into reality.

Staying in a city like Mumbai, one craves for a patch of green and here you have nature with shades from your dream.  The colors have a cooling and relaxing effect. I like seeing the paintings by blurring my eyes from a distance. It makes me the see the colors merging into each other gradually changing shades and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment